Friday, November 21, 2008

Fingerprint Friday - Rosie





I am thankful God created cats, and I'd like you to meet a special one in my life. Her name is Rosie. She lives inside Chevron Trading Post and Bead Store, a wonderful store in downtown Asheville where I shop often. Rosie usually is lying in her bed under a table at the end of the main counter and lets all the cat lovers who come into the store pet her and talk to her. They have a dog too but I will feature her another time. I LOVE ROSIE. They have a little sign taped to the edge of the table telling how she used to weigh 8 pounds more and was getting too fat, so there's a pole with feathers on the end lying on the table and they invite anyone to play with her to get her to exercise. LOL. Sometimes she'll play, and sometimes she ignores you. You know how cats are.

When I was there the other day, she wasn't in her bed or anywhere to be seen, and I asked one of the clerks "Where's Rosie? I HAVE to see Rosie!" She went into the back office area and came back with Rosie in her arms. Awww! Then I took a few pictures of her. She doesn't hold still for long so that's quite a challenge, but I was happy to get these. There is nothing like the feel of a cat's fur, and it makes me so happy to see her and pet her each time I go there.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:

I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

Where do you see God's fingerprints? In nature? kids? animals? They are all around us!

Thank you to Pampering Beki for hosting this each week! Everyone is welcome to join. To see how to join, as well as find links to other Fingerprint Friday posts, visit Pampering Beki's blog.

10 comments:

Rebekah said...

How sweet! She sounds like a wonderful kitty.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh how sweet!

Can you imagine how God smiles when He sees us playing with animals like that.

(I'm headed out for a few hours but I'll take care of your other stuff when I get back.) :)

Rosebud Collection said...

Of course I like the name..ha,ha..
What a sweet fingerprint..she is lovely..

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post. I adore cats! I love the song as well, so touching!
Glad you stopped by :)
XOXO
Jillian

Jenny's Delights said...

What a sweet cat! I totally agree with you :) I look at my cat in amazement sometimes!

Angie Seaman said...

What a sweetie! Too cute!
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angieseamanphotography.com
www.angelicagracedesigns.com
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/

If Wishes Had Wings... said...

Aww, I love cats too! We have a little black sweetie named April. She is such a character. I enjoyed seeing her picture and reading those lyrics.

Leslie Rubio said...

I love my kitties-Tippy and Patience-can't imagine my world without cats-I've got photos of them on my blog.

Sweet song! All of God's creations are so amazing. Do you have a kitty of your own? If not, you should get one-they are so warm, cuddly and comforting.

Blessings,
Leslie
www.leslielovinlife.blogspot.com

Laura Winslow Godsil said...

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.

GingerLouise Clothing said...

I have Razzle and midnight, maybe I'll post them next week. Your's is adorable.