I got this list in an email this week. Our dog Snooky was happy to illustrate some of these points.
* When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
* Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
* Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
* Take naps.
* Stretch before rising.
* Run, romp, and play daily.
* Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
* Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
* On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
* On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
* When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
She shows delight in her daily backrub, rubbing against the couch and then lying down and rolling around on the living room floor.
* Be loyal. Don't try to be something you're not.
* Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
* Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.
* If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
* When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them
* Be always grateful for each new day.
Snooky with our son Johnathan shortly after we first got her.
Whenever I get up from the chair in front of my craft table, guess who takes over?
Ever loyal, waiting in front of the bedroom door for my husband to come out.