Friday, May 01, 2009

Fingerprint Friday - Thankful for family



We visited my son Kipp and daughter-in-law Rebecca in Raleigh last weekend and had a wonderful time. It was fun to meet our "Grandcat" Seamus.







We went to a huge arts and crafts festival in Cary on Saturday. There were almost 200 vendors. I enjoyed seeing all the different jewelry booths.



My husband Mike and me.




Rebecca made a delicious dinner - salad and Thai Sesame Noodles - on Saturday night.





Seamus had a problem with his colon last year and had to have surgery. Kipp said his colon was turned into a semi-colon. :) He has to be on a special diet and waits by the dispenser which only spits out the food at certain times. Sometimes he meows at it and tries to get more food out of it, sticking his paw up in it. Kind of funny, kind of pitiful. Mike and I felt sorry for him and if no one was around would open the lid and give him a handful. Shh. Don't tell. (That's what grandparents are for, right?)



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:

I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

Where do you see God's fingerprints? In nature? kids? animals? They are all around us!

Thank you to Pampering Beki for hosting this each week! Everyone is welcome to join. To see how to join, as well as find links to other Fingerprint Friday posts, visit Pampering Beki's blog.

12 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

Beautiful pictures and enjoyed seeing you all, the cat too..
All wonderful Fingerprints from God..Have to say, the meal looked mighty tasty too.
Happy Fingerprint Friday.

GingerLouise Clothing said...

Sweet Kitty!

littlebird said...

sounds like you had a lovely weekend,
yummy noodle salad too!

Anonymous said...

Cats are each unique creations of God with lots of personality. Loved the picture of pawing at the food dispencer.

Brenda said...

It souds like a perfect way to spend a weekend, you are blessed with a beautiful family!!(and Grandkitty :)

Beadin By The Sea said...

I enjoyed your pictures, what a great weekend you had! You have a beautiful family including your grandcat. He looks a lot like my "Ace".

Erica said...

how funny about feeding the cat! i'm sure your kids enjoyed your visit... i love every time my parents can make it out here (we live in different states)

Robynn's Ravings said...

I'm thankful for your post! LOVE the photos and family and you are GORGEOUS! (Tell the bearded one he's a lucky guy. lol)

Spadazzle said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. I would probably spoil the cat too, I have been known to do that....

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

What wonderful memories. Sounds like a great time.

LuLu Borealis said...

I truly enjoyed my visit to your blog and meeting you and your family. Loved the cat♥

Desert Soapstone said...

I have just visited your blog for the first time and I love it! I am so glad you posted on Etsy. I never knew reading about someone's day to day activities could be so interesting. Maybe I need to change my focus? Thank you.