Friday, July 15, 2011

Fingerprint Friday - Gone Squirrley!


My husband got a new job recently as a security guard at a retirement home. Some days I drop him off or pick him up, and get to see the squirrels! I have always been fascinated with squirrels since I was a little girl. My dad and I used to throw nuts out in the yard and then watch the squirrels out the front window.

In our area, there are some WHITE squirrels and I'd never seen one in real life before, only pictures in the newspaper, but there are some on the grounds where he works. They are mixtures of pure white and grey. One is white with a grey stripe down its back and one is white with little grey ears. So cute!

If I get any closer, they scamper off for the nearest tree, so pardon the long range shot, but see the one in the middle of the photo? There's also one way in the back, next to the building...as well as some grey squirrels. It's really something to watch them climbing trees and leaping from one branch to the next...one tree to the next...all across the yard. One day, one went up on the top of the highest peak on the roof and laid out in the sun awhile. Ahhh!

"How many are your works, O Lord!
In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures."
Psalm 104:24


~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them? To find out how to join "Fingerprint Friday" and see links to other posts, visit Beki at The Rusted Chain.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Such a sweet squirrely day! It's such a treat to go out and see the squirrels. They seem so busy all summer, but sometimes they will just chill and let me take a few photos. I have seen a few of the little gray ones around, they have white bellies! Most are the big red ones, they are always fun to watch chase each other around.
Have a good weekend.
Smile today. :)

Rosebud Collection said...

Squirrels are fun to watch..I don't get many around here..just chipmunks.
I know they are around, but they stay in the woods..
Hope all is well with you..I have been slow to visit..every now and then, I slack off..Wishing you the best..xoxoCarolyn