Friday, January 29, 2010

Fingerprint Friday - Honk honk



One of my favorite places in the world is this lake in Black Mountain, NC, about 20 miles west of Asheville. I used to live there and loved walking around the lake every morning, enjoying the beauty of the surrounding mountains and the wildlife.

On Tuesday I met a friend at a restaurant for lunch in Black Mountain and then drove over to the lake for a walk. As you can see, it was an overcast day with a blustery wind but I savored every moment. I felt sorry for the birds having to be out in the cold, and they were not happy with me, disturbing their nap when I walked by. They untucked their little heads from under their wings, and let me know in no uncertain terms with some energetic "honks"! :) Aren't they beautiful?



"In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." (Job 12:10)

~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~
There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them? To find out how to join "Fingerprint Friday" and see links to other posts, visit Beki at The Rusted Chain.

6 comments:

Lori Allberry said...

I agree, that is absolutely beautiful!

Thank you for sharing! =)

♥Lori

Vicki said...

Yes, they are beautiful. Your choice of scripture is perfect with these photos.

rentz said...

Love that second photo. The beauty of God's creation!

treasurefield said...

I love that area! Although I've never seen the lake that close up. Beautiful! And what a blessing to have lived there and still be close enough to visit.
We're having slushies today --the unflavored kind that's all over the ground & trees, etc. My husband said he wished he could be in the mountains!

littlebird said...

gotta love the "honk" noise they make

Rosebud Collection said...

Wonderful fingerprint..I enjoy birds and beautiful walks too..something so peaceful..Miss this Friday, but will return..