Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Handmade Guitar Ornament


Someone on Etsy asked me to make a guitar ornament in memory of her 27-year-old son who died from injuries in a car accident last year. At left is the picture of the real guitar. I wanted it to be very special for her, so I spent a lot of time on it. It's about 5" across. My husband who is a guitar buff advised me on various details, and helped me with glueing on the "strings" (white thread). I noticed after I took the picture that despite our meticulous efforts with the glueing, one of the little beads had fallen off - there's supposed to be 6 at each end - so I glued a new one on before mailing it. :)

2 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

What a wonderful job you did..Really beautiful.

Malicious Intent said...

That
Is
Awesome....it looks exactly like the picture. I think you should keep that picture around to show off at your shop.

Ornaments are beautiful and look great on our tree. Thank you so much! We also get new ornaments every year that goes with our theme of all red balls, candyland, snowflakes and our "specials."

Happy Holidays!