Friday, December 19, 2008

Fingerprint Friday - Along the highway


I am fascinated each year during the fall season with these tall willowy plants growing along the edges of the highways and roads. They are especially pretty when the sun is shining through them and when they are gently wafting in the breeze. My friend I carpool with told me they are called Pampas Grass. We were stuck in traffic long enough one day for me to get some shots with my phone camera. According to Wikipedia, in some countries they are considered weeds. I think even weeds can be pretty.



Wikipedia also says, "Pampas grass is highly adaptable and can grow in a wide range of environments and climates. It also seeds prolifically, with each plant able to produce over 1 million seeds during its lifetime."

Pretty impressive!



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:

I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

Where do you see God's fingerprints? In nature? kids? animals? They are all around us!

Thank you to Pampering Beki for hosting this each week! Everyone is welcome to join. To see how to join, as well as find links to other Fingerprint Friday posts, visit Pampering Beki's blog.

4 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

If I am not mistaken, the early Hawaiians used this type grass as roof cover..Lets face it, mighty good fingerprint from God, when it was nasty weather..Really is beautiful.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I love that "weed" too. :)

We have a few planted in front of our house and I love them! I cut a bunch of the sprigs to use in my Christmas garland, I liked it so much.

Rebekah said...

I heard once that a weed is only a weed if it is growing where it doesn't belong - therefore even corn is a weed if it's growing in a wheat field!

Pampas grass grows well here in the often-dry northern part of Texas - it is often used here to grow as a fast way to fill in spaces to hide things in the yard, like air conditioning units.

PiaTillys Boutique said...

I love those tall "weeds" too!

I just checked out your etsy shop, great items. I LOVE that little fat bird pendant ~ it is so cute! :)

Kelly