Saturday, December 29, 2007

Next holiday: Valentine's Day!


I know, I know, it's not even New Year's yet, but I can't wait to get started on Valentine's Day items! Hearts are one of my favorite things to make out of clay, and can be for Valentine's Day or any day.


A friend asked me to make her a shawl stick (a pointed thing to keep her shawl closed) out of bright colors to match her yarn. I had some left-over clay and made these two small hearts (1 1/4" wide). They could be finished as pins, pendants or magnets. Such happy colors!

In an entirely different style, here are two larger hearts (2" x 2") made with origami paper on clay. Not sure which of the 4 is my favorite. I love them all. You will find them in my etsy shop.

3 comments:

gardencris27 said...

Beautiful hearts!

Christina Hill said...

The candycane one is just great!

chill

LazyTcrochet said...

Very pretty hearts!