Friday, August 03, 2007

Featured Artist - Sew Sassy Creations


I hang out on the etsy forums a lot and "met" this seller there this week. Her name is Sandy and she lives in Casa Grande, Arizona. Her etsy shop is Sew Sassy Creations with all kinds of handsewn and embroidered items. As you can see in these photos, her attention to detail is absolutely incredible.


Here is my favorite item in her shop! This would be perfect in my craft room LOL.


She says, "I have been painting, sewing and crafting since I was about 10 years old...that gives me about 42 years of experience! LOL

"I discovered machine embroidery a couple of years ago and fell in love with it. Most of the designs I embroider are quite complicated with about 50 different colors and thread changes. I incorporate these designs into clothing and home decor items.

"I am a certified master desert gardener and offer lavender and flowers from my garden in the form of sachets. I also make garden flower paper to incorporate into wall hangings, etc."

~*~*~*~*~


In her shop are many treasures, like this potpourri of lavender from her garden, in a handsewn pouch and a handpainted pot...



...these pretty towels...



...this adorable purse...



...this magnificent wall hanging with tropical birds...



...these elaborate reversible placemats and matching napkins...



...and there's even a "do it yourself" project! Two panels, one embellished with a beautiful sunflower print and two matching embroidered sunflowers plus coordinating green and black and polka dot ribbons. Surged and ready to sew together and stuff or use your imagination. May be sewn as a jacket back, wall hanging, quilt square or pillow.



She makes beautiful wreaths, like this one, for decorating your home for any season or occasion. She is now taking orders for handmade Thanksgiving and Christmas wreaths, pillows or stockings. She will even personalize it with the name of your choice!


Visit her etsy shop to place your custom order and see many more pretty things.

Check out her blog for the latest news!

1 comment:

Sew Sassy Sandy said...

Thank you so very much for hosting my site! It looks great. Sincerely, SewSassySandy