Saturday, July 21, 2007

Featured Artist - Shoozles



Welcome to the colorful world of Shoozles - fused glass yummyness!

Yummy is right! Michelle's glass creations do look good enough to eat! She makes pendants, earrings and rings out of dichroic glass and fused glass. Adding to the uniqueness, some are handpainted (the paint is permanently fused to the surface).




She says, "The great thing about my fused glass gardens is they are all different, so when you get one you are not going to see someone else with the same piece you have."





She has about 100 items for sale in her shop. As you can see, some are breathtakingly beautiful, and some are just plain fun! She also makes pieces ("cabs") for other artists to use in their jewelry creations.








The cute name Shoozles, she explains, is a nickname that goes way back and stuck with her so now it is her company name. She is an artist/jewelry maker, former graphic designer and the mother of 11-year-old triplets, all boys. (Wow! I wonder when she has time to work with glass?!)


She says, "I have made all kinds of jewelry for over 17 years now -

clay, poly clay, paper, plastic that includes shrink plastic and the friendly plastic kind...



but nothing compares to fusing glass."


I found this gorgeous glass lace on her blog.
She says, "Experimenting with glass brings me great excitement... A lot of mistakes become great ideas. I love to show what I do, but I don’t like to give the exact formula to how I got to my end result, because I feel there is a great deal of joy to be had when you discover something on your own and the road to discovery is worth all the steps, believe me."






To see her work for sale, visit Shoozles.etsy.com today! Pick up a unique piece of jewelry for a gift and remember to get one for yourself too!

1 comment:

DBrownDesigns said...

Drool, drool. I love her glass pendants!